Thursday, November 6, 2008

Earthlings



The video below is yours to watch if you choose. I just did. It's pretty heavy and made me cry so much it hurts and I feel extremely nauseous but I think those reactions to this film are the way any half-decent person would react- vegan, vegetarian and meat eater alike. Now, whether you choose to continue the latter lifestyle afterwards is another story. So be warned. Some people may think that ignorance is bliss but it can also be murder among other horrific things. I've been a vegetarian for over 3 years now and as of this moment I don't see any reason not to become vegan immediately. But that's me. I'm not telling you to watch this nor am telling you that if you do, to give up whatever non-vegan lifestyle you may lead. Just consider it. Just consider watching it. It'll be here later if you want to think about it first.




"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." -Leo Tolstoy





EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity's absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called "non-human providers." The film is narrated by Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix and features music by the critically acclaimed platinum artist Moby. 

No comments: