Friday, November 14, 2008

I may have found my new love..... guess what it is?



So once again I had the urge to bake. This seems to be turning into a weekly thing for me.  I do have 75 different cupcakes to try out, so you will be seeing them posted on here OFTEN! And if you're nice enough maybe you'll even get to taste some!  Ooooh excited? Yeah, I know  your mouth is watering. Try not to drool all over your keyboard okay? I refuse to be held responsible for any damage your saliva, due to my cupcake photos, may cause.  Anyway, tonight I made Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cupcakes and the pictures below are to make you feel like you were there with me in all the glory. I made a double batch because 12 just didn't seem like enough. Billy, I made these for you! Welcome home Saturday!! The icing isn't quite like the Sneaky Dee's ones, but it wasn't until I started making the icing recipe that I realized it's not a fluffy one. I'll make a 'butter'cream icing next time. Still, I tried one and it was soooooo f%&@!n' yummmy....... oh no, my keyboard! Okay I'll take responsibility for that one but only cause it's my own fault. 







NOT muffins!
Cinnamon Icing- more like a glaze
                                                                                A fin!
                                              



 So tomorrow night (or tonight I guess since it's after 1 am; i should so be in bed) more cooking is to be had. Gonna make some Sweet potato and coconut soup with pumpkin and spinach wontons as a last supper of sorts for my friends Adam, Tyson and Tim who are leaving Canada over the weekend to head back home to Australia. It's sad they're leaving after only 5 1/2 months, but I'd be stoked to be heading to summer in Melbourne too, so I can't blame them. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to cross paths again someday, for a 3rd time in our lives.  So after dinner and cupcakes tomorrow night it's off to the  El Mocambo to celebrate the return home of Rob Dyer who's just today finished his Cross Canada Skate 4 Cancer! I am so proud of him, he is such a strong, motivated and passionate person. I mean, how many people can say they skateboarded from Vancouver, BC to Halifax, NS to raise cancer awareness?? Not many. Fuck yeah, Rob, you are my hero!! I'll bring you a pumpkin cupcake!
                         

1 comment:

Luke in Progress said...

You better watch yourself, I've seen many people fall prey to Cupcake Addiction!